The Times Union Center is looking for someone to make their mark on our wall! From year to year we host numerous artists, as well as athletes, and we want to give them the perfect spot for their photo ops! This is where you come in. Create a mural for our blank wall that the talent walks by on their way to catering, meet & greets, or as they are walking around the building. You have the creative freedom to do what you want, however there are a few guidelines you have to follow:
- The design must include the word ‘Albany’ in it
- Artwork must be “PG”. No nudity, drug references, alcohol references or foul language.
- If you’re using a photograph, you MUST have the rights to it
- You must grant us permission to use the artwork and showcase it on social media
- You must be willing to allow the artists to post photos with it on their social media platforms without photo credit
- You must be willing to allow news cameras to film in front of it without photo credit
- You must allow tour photographers and videographers to film or photograph it without photo credit
We are accepting designs until April 30th at 11:59pm, all ages are welcome to submit. Submit all entries and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Times Union Center staff will select 5 finalists on May 1st. Those five finalists will be posted to Facebook and Instagram, and the public will decide the winner!
*Winner must be able to provide final artwork as a high res digital file. The mural will not require the artist to paint it like a traditional mural, it will be printed and installed. Dimensions of the space are 17ft w x 9ft h. Make your art proportional to those dimensions!
This contest is open to the general public. The Times Union Center is not seeking the work of professional artists, however we will accept entries if you choose to participate. Contest is open to all ages and artistic abilities. This is not a commissioned piece. Art will be printed and installed by a local company. There is no cash prize. Winner will be recognized on the mural.